Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mini-Shopaholic

Once again, Sophie Kinsella has delivered. I finished Mini-Shopaholic (my first purchase with my employee discount) this afternoon on my way home from school. I enjoyed every minute of it. Of course. Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood), one of my very best book friends, was hilarious and complicated as ever in this new installment of the Shopaholic series. Along with her fiesty two-year old, Minnie, Becky has one adventure after another that kept me entertained. I love reading these books while I am in school, because it's a nice change of pace from the usual suspects (Edmund Spenser and Mary Wollstonecraft this week). I would definitely recommend this read to any Kinsella fans. With a word of caution though. You will want to shop, and shop and shop. And you will fall in love with the Brandons all over again.
Happy reading!


ps. I just realized that I have been reading this series since I was in high school (possibly grade ten or eleven -- I don't recall). Becky is a part of my life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails